Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Avoiding God's Wrath



In Exodus 32, Moses interceded for the nation of Israel before the Lord and the Lord relented from pouring out His wrath upon the people. Although not a perfect analogy, it certainly foreshadows Christ, suffering on the cross as God pours out His wrath for mankind upon Christ. This is the backdrop of the message on Sunday in the series Awkward People Awesome God.

In choosing our songs for Sunday, I was reminded of this text:
When Satan tempts me to despair and tells me of the guilt within, upward I look and see Him there who made an end to all my sin. Because the sinless Savior died, my sinful soul is counted free; For God, the Just is satisfied to look on Him and pardon me. – Charitie L Bancroft/Vikki Cook

So of course I had to choose Before The Throne Of God Above as the centerpiece of our music for Sunday. Other songs chosen to support that theme are Always, which we began learning a couple of weeks ago and 10,000 Reasons. We will begin the service with worship chorus Rise Up And Praise Him.

Randy and Darlene Schaap will be providing special music during the offertory this week and we will also celebrate Baptism in our Sunday gathering.

I am looking forward to being back and leading Calvary in worship on Sunday. I want to express my gratitude to Jeremy Banks and the entire team who ministered Sunday in my absence. It is a joy and very satisfying to know that our dedicated Worship Arts team can carry on in all circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment