Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Who Can Satisfy My Soul?



This Week at Calvary
This Sunday (October 7) we return to our Journey Through John. Pastor Paul will be preaching out of John 7, explain the significance of the Jesus’ actions at the Feast of Booths. We will also find out how Hebrews 12:3 relates to this passage. I think it is going to be a stirring message that you do not want to miss.

We will open our service declaring the goodness of God in all circumstances singing God Is Good All The Time. We will follow that up with two songs of praise, Praise Adonai and I Will Sing Of My Redeemer (You Set Me Free). These three songs will help us to focus on God’s goodness, His unique character, and the freedom we have through Christ.

We will then sing two songs have a theme of living water, All Who Are Thirsty and Who Can Satisfy My Soul. These songs relate directly to the passage from John 7. Here is a link to the song Who Can Satisfy My Soul by Dennis Jernigan. In between the two songs, we will read together the passage from Isaiah 12:1-4.
                You will say in that day:
                “I will give thanks to you, O LORD,
                                for though you were angry with me,
                your anger turned away,
                                that you might comfort me.
                “Behold, God is my salvation;
                                I will trust, and will not be afraid;
                for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song,
                                and he has become my salvation.”
                With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation. And you will say in that day:
                “Give thanks to the LORD,
                                call upon his name,
                make known his deeds among the peoples,
                                proclaim that his name is exalted.
(Isaiah 12:1-4 ESV)

Upcoming Events
October 21: Male Chorus Day (all men come join our special choir)
November 18: Thanksgiving Praise (we will use a full choir that day)
November 25 – December 2: Revival Summit with Life Action Ministries
December 9: Orchestra Sunday and Christmas Carols

Interesting Blog Post
One of my goals on this blog is to share with you the work of others that I find inspiring, meaningful or helpful to our ministry. Kristen Gilles along with her husband Bobby serve at Sojourn Church in the Louisville area. IN a recent blog post, Kristen walks through the Scriptures that call God’s people to worship Him. You can find the post here. Take some time to read this and consider how we call God’s people into worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment