Monday, March 25, 2013

Celebrating The Resurrection At Calvary

This Sunday is the most important Sunday on our calendar as we passionately pursue Christ and lovingly pursue others for Christ at Calvary. As we celebrate the resurrection of Christ, I want to remind you that you are more likely to get someone to respond positively to an invitation to church on this Sunday than any other day of the year. Researchers say that 4 out of 5 people you invite to church for Easter Sunday will attend. So what will they find when they get here?

You already know about our Easter breakfast served from 10-11:00 a.m. But remember that we also have two services on Easter, one at 9:00 a.m. and the other at 10:30 a.m. Please be in prayer for our Worship Arts team and staff who will do double duty this Sunday.

We will open the service singing Oh What A Day.  This song from Sovereign Grace pastor and song writer Mark Altrogge is a joyful, resurrection themed call to worship. Boldly declaring that Christ has conquered death and risen from the grave, this lively anthem is sure to move our hearts to worship.

The story of that first resurrection morning is told from Peter's perspective in the song He's Alive. I am excited to sing this song on Sunday with some special media elements that you will have to wait until Sunday to see. There are two videos of this song that I am posting today. One is from David Phelps and the Gaither Vocal Band.the other is from Dolly Parton. Both arrangements capture the fear, wonder and joy of this wonderful story song.






One of my favorite songs from Sovereign Grace in recent years is You Have Been Raised. The song begins with a series of questions regarding forgiveness, freedom, heaven and redemption. The answer to all these questions is that Christ has been raised which is all the proof that we need. Click on the link to watch the video from Covenant Life Church in Gaithersburg, MD on Easter Sunday 2011.

After the message, we will close the service singing My Savior Lives from New Life Worship and the Desperation Band. The chorus proclaims I know that my Redeemer lives and now I stand on what He did. My Savior, my Savior lives. Every day a brand new chance to say, "Jesus You are the only way." My Savior, my Savior lives.

I know that this will be a very special Sunday at Calvary. Join me in praying that God will move in our midst, drawing people to Himself. Pray that Christ will be glorified in all that we do. Pray that people will respond to an invitation to come to church on Easter Sunday. Finally, pray that through our time together this Easter, we will know God, love God, and obey God more.

Soli Deo Gloria,
Trent


No comments:

Post a Comment