Thursday, May 9, 2013

Mother's Day At Calvary

Mother's Day at Calvary will be a great time to give thanks to the Lord for the special women in our lives who should not have to wait for one day a year to be appreciated. Pastor Paul will be preaching a special Mother's Day message and we will also have a few of our fourth grade students sharing verses of Scripture about moms. It will really be a special day.

Our songs will focus on the faithfulness of God. I am very excited to introduce the Matt Redman song Never Once. This song is deeply meaningful and it speaks to the enduring nature of God. The powerful chorus sums it up well:

Never once did we ever walk alone
Never once did You leave us on our own
You are faithful, God You are faithful

The video posted is of Matt Redman and I trust it will encourage you and help prepare your heart for worship.


We will use another Matt Redman song in the service as well. How Great Is Your Faithfulness has been a personal favorite of mine since I first heard it two years ago. The second verse says:

Everything changes, but You stay the same.
Your Word and kingdom endure
We lean on the promise of all that You are
And trust forevermore, we will trust forevermore.

Before the message we will sing the traditional hymn Great Is Thy Faithfulness. It is not often that I get specific song requests for a specific day, but I have had four different people suggest that we sing this hymn for Mother's Day and I think it is an excellent idea. Thus it is on the playlist this week. The chorus closes powerfully with these lines:

All I have needed Thy hand hath provided
Great is Thy faithfulness Lord unto me.

We will close the service with the simple worship chorus Give Thanks. As we celebrate God's faithfulness and honor mother's on Sunday, I want our people to leave with a heart of gratitude.

I realize that I haven't talked about the opening of the service yet. We are opening with the Robin Mark song Lion Of Judah to help us get our focus upward on Christ as we worship together.

I hope you will come with anticipation on Sunday of worshiping Christ and declaring together the faithfulness of our God.

Soli Deo Gloria,
Trent




No comments:

Post a Comment