Thursday, November 1, 2012

Witness To My Ways


This Week
This Sunday at Calvary our Journey Through John takes us into chapter 9 where we see Jesus heal a man who was born blind. Some of our musicians began working through this passage several months ago with the intention of writing songs that we could utilize in our corporate worship. Witness To My Ways is one of the songs birthed through those efforts. The song written primarily by Stephen Koets is about coming to belief in Jesus Christ. I know that it will be a blessing to our congregation. Here is the text from the chorus:

                        And I believe, and it's changing how I see
                        It's your truth that sets us free, Lord Jesus
                        And I believe, my eyes are open now I see
                        the Son of God has come for me to live

We will open the service singing The Father’s Love from Sovereign Grace musician Joel Sczebel which is a wonderful declaration that the sinner has been forgiven, the rebel has been made clean, blind eyes have been made to see and orphans have been adopted because of the Father’s love.

After our time of offerings a testimonies, we will sing a song set that focuses our hearts on the grace of God utilizing the songs Your Grace Is Enough, Grace Greater Than Our Sin, and Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone). After the message we will close the service by reprising Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone).

Don’t forget that this Sunday is the day when we turn our clocks back and gain that extra hour of sleep. We should all be rested and ready to worship God at Calvary.

Coming Soon
November 11 – Child Dedication, Veteran Recognition

November 18 – Thanksgiving Praise Service: I would like to utilize a full choir for this Sunday. We will be singing Sweet Aroma Of Praise so join us at 9:45 a.m. on the 18th to prepare our song for the service.

November 25 – December 2 – Thirst Conference with Life Action Ministries: Please set aside this week to seek the Lord together with our church family. This is perhaps the most important week in the life of our church for the entire year and I hope that everyone in Worship Arts will make it a priority.

Soli Deo Gloria,
Trent

No comments:

Post a Comment