Monday, February 4, 2013

Preparing for Sunday

I was truly moved in worship last Sunday as I considered the overwhelming reasons that we have to worship God. This week Pastor Paul will finish his series on Samson and we have the return of the Calvary Worship Choir. The Choir has been on hiatus for the last 8 months but I am excited to have a great multitude of singers assisting as we lead Calvary in worship.

We will open the service with a newer, rhythmic arrangement of the classic hymn The Solid Rock. This song points to Christ as our unchanging hope in all of life's circumstances. The Worship Choir will sing By Faith, a song which boldly declares that our salvation is by grace through faith in Christ alone. The congregation will then sing I Will Sing Of My Redeemer (You Set Me Free), His Name Is Jesus, and There Is A Redeemer. All three of these songs proclaim the glory of Christ and His power to set us free.

I trust that you will prepare your heart for our gathering on Sunday and that you will be blessed as we worship together.

Soli Deo Gloria,
Trent

No comments:

Post a Comment