Wednesday, January 30, 2013

God Is Greater

This Sunday at Calvary, Pastor Paul will continue his series on Samson. We will look at the downward spiral that eventually cost Samson his very life. Our attention in worship will be upon celebrating the greatness of God.

The opening song will be Greater Than We Can imagine. This song is based on Psalm 145. This song of praise by David is rich in its praise of God and the song certainly carries that richness in its text. The video posted here was recorded at WorshipGod11. I think you will find it a great blessing.


The next two songs are declarations of our praise to God. Top Of My Lungs is a wonderful worship songs that speaks to the overflowing nature of our worship. We begin to sing our gratitude to God for all He has done and we never run out of things for which to be thankful. This theme continues through the next song How Can I Keep From Singing. This song boldly declares that even in the storms and trials of life, we are still overwhelmed by the greatness of God and our only right response is worship. The last song before the message will be the classic song How Great Is Our God from Chris Tomlin. This simple worship song places the exclamation point on our doxology on Sunday. His is the name above all names. He is worthy of all praise. My heart will sing, "how great is our God!"

The last song we will sing before the close is Made Me Glad. This song declares in its' chorus that God is my strength, my shield, my portion, deliverer, my shelter, strong tower, my very present help in time of need. This is a wonderful statement of who God is to His children.

I hope you come to church ready to make these declarations together as we worship the God who truly is greater than we can imagine.

Soli Deo Gloria,
Trent

No comments:

Post a Comment