Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Completely Done

Who God is and what he has accomplished for us are the themes that are running through our songs this Sunday at Calvary.

The hymn All Hail the Power of Jesus Name has been sung by the church for over 200 years. It has been called the national anthem of the Christian church. A few years ago, Judah Groveman of Sovereign Grace wrote a new chorus to this beloved anthem and on Sunday, we will begin our service with this new arrangement called His Name Is Jesus.

Next we will sing Chris Tomlin's Our God. A song from the Passion Movement, Our God boldly declares the power and might of our God over all. This is summed up in the line and if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us and if our God is with us then what could stand against. 

We transition into singing Revelation Song. I chose this song because after the declarations of power and might, I want us to spend time in awe of the Glory of Christ. This powerful worship song set from Revelation chapter 5 is intended to stir our hearts to love and devotion to Christ.

We close the service singing Completely Done which is another Sovereign Grace song from the writing team of Jonathan Baird, Ryan Baird, and Rich Gunderlock. The video is from the Next 2010 conference with Devon and Bob Kauflin leading Completely Done. The third stanza declares a rock solid faith in God regardless of my ability to get everything right. 

I don't know what lies ahead
What if I fail again
You are my confidence
You'll keep me to the end
I'm leaving my fears behind me now

Soli Deo Gloria,
Trent


No comments:

Post a Comment